Optimizing video for social is an art that is becoming increasingly more important. According to a recent podcast by the Social Media Examiner, Americans spend just 25 minutes per day reading and over 70 minutes per day watching online video. This trend is expected to increase in the future and Digital Air Strike™ can help your business leverage this trend on social media.
Tools to Create Better Looking Videos
If you’re making the extra effort to add video to your social posts – – make them look good! Here are some tools that can help:
- Write Behind – great for adding text to images
- Wirecast – turns your computer into a live studio
- Snowball – microphone popular among video creators for its reasonable price, portability and quality.
- Selfie stick – you likely know what this is and also already have one
Facebook vs YouTube
Facebook and YouTube are undoubtedly the most popular video streaming sites on the internet. Here are some points to consider:
- Has more views in the 19 to 49-year-old demographic than any US cable company
- YouTube is a great site for “how-to” videos
- Number of views count after 30 seconds
- Popularity is based on engagement and has the “ripple effect”
- Facebook live is given preference over other videos
- Number of views count after 3 seconds
Depending on the type of video you’re making and the audience you want to reach, one site will be the better choice, so ask yourself these questions:
- Where will the audience likely find or search for this video
- Should this video be delivered live?
- How long do we want viewers to watch to receive our message?
Your answers should help you decide where to post your video – – even if the answers mean you should post to both sites!
Statistics and Strategies
Most videos are viewed from a mobile device so create attention grabbing imagery to get people to stop scrolling and watch yours. Also, treat the description of your video the same as a headline to an article. Make it catchy and engaging. Here are a few more tips to keep in mind:
- Strive for visual appeal. As many as 85 percent of videos are watched without sound.
- Text can be used to get necessary messages across via Facebook’s automated captions tool.
- Upload videos directly to Facebook or YouTube so they play automatically and to improve reach.
- Short is sweet. The optimal length is under two minutes.
For Our Auto Industry Friends:
Find out how you can incorporate video into your internet lead response strategy! Join us for our free webinar July 13, 2017. Get more details and reserve your spot today!