Foursquare recently revealed a new look, a new logo, and most importantly, they announced a new feature that will be a core focus of their business going forward – personalized local search.
Foursquare is launching an individualized service that presents a completely customized experience for all of their users. With this new update, Foursquare will take users’ likes, tastes and friends, and present them with a unique app experience.
Customers who use Foursquare exclusively to find local businesses will no longer have to worry about the app’s check-in feature, while those who use Foursquare to connect with friends now have a new app that is more social, Swarm.
What does this mean to you?
- Starting on 7/24, your customers will need to download Swarm to check-in.
- Check-ins, tips and business information will begin to be populated seamlessly via Swarm.
- As shown in the photo below, both apps will contain almost identical information. However customers using Swarm will be able to check-in at your dealership, whereas those who use Foursquare will only be able to see your dealership’s information, location and tips.
- Foursquare and Swarm will begin to collect consumer preferences and customize the users’ experiences. Using this consumer information, Foursquare will be able to direct car buyers to your dealership in a more targeted manner.
- For example, if someone is shopping for a car and checks-in at multiple dealerships nearby, Foursquare will suggest similar businesses in the area, like YOU! By providing excellent service and encouraging customers to leave positive feedback on Foursquare, you can gain leverage over your competitors.
- Continue to garner check-ins and comments from your customers, as well as your employees using Swarm.
- Reach out to your Dealer Advocate for suggestions and input about implementing a customer check-in program at your dealership.
Foursquare just announced another great feature for local businesses. Where previously you could not directly write tips or post content as your business, now you can write a “business tip” that tells your customers what you’re known for or what you do best.
Your business tip will show up in a dedicated section on your listing, along with specials and offers.
Contact your Dealer Advocate to get more information on how your dealership can better utilize Foursquare’s new app features.
The post Personalized Local Search Continues to Evolve – Foursquare is in the Game appeared first on Digital Air Strike™ | Automotive Social Media, Reputation Management and Internet Lead Response.